Grace and courtesy (2-6 Years)
Grace and Courtesy(2-6Years)
Lovely artwork and simple, one-sentence messages reinforce the lessons of Grace and Courtesy.
- Sit next to the child, on the child’s non-dominant side so that he can see the work as you present it.
- Use economy of words. …
- Speak slowly, gently, and kindly.
- Exaggerated movements.
- Move left to right.
- Utilizing older children in giving lessons to younger children.
Practical life in Montessori is purposeful activity, develops motor control and coordination, and develops independence, concentration, and a sense of responsibility. The exercises in practical life cover two main areas of development: care of self, and care of the environment.
- Top 5 Manners and Common Courtesy to Teach your Kids. If there seems to be a shortage of manners and common courtesy these day, that’s because there is. …
- Be Kind. Show kindness everywhere you go. …
- Be Respectful. Show respect to your classmates, peers and elders. …
- Be Courteous. …
- Never Use Bad Language. …
- Do a Good Deed
- Common Courtesy
- Show respect for others.
- Always apologize when you do something wrong.
- When someone is having a conversation, do not interrupt.
- When you change your plans, let others know.
- Respect the needs of others in public.
- Never embarrass another person.
- When refusing an invitation, be kind and honest.
- Respect your elders.
Montessori is a method of education that is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play. In Montessori classrooms children make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the highly trained teacher offer age-appropriate activities to guide the process.